Nothing can replace the sentiment of your valued treasures in the event of a loss. We strongly recommend a written insurance appraisal for all of your most valuable jewelry.
Our appraisal and consultantation services include:
- Insurance appraisals (replacement value)
- Resale value
- Fair market value
- Damage assessment
- Gem identification
- Confirmation of quality
Appraisals are done while you wait. Given the popularity of this service, we recommend that you call to make an appointment. However, we will gladly accommodate walk-ins as time permits.
Fees vary based on the client's needs, the type and amount of jewelry involved and the complexity of the assignment. A brief consultation will allow us to determine what service best suits your needs.
Why should you get an appraisal?
- You just bought a new piece of jewelry and you want to have it insured.
- You are selling a piece of personal jewelry and want to know its value.
- You have a piece of jewelry that you had an appraisal done for a few years ago. You need to update the appraisal so that the current market value is registered with your insurance coverage. Jewelry is an item that increases in value over time; make sure your insurance policy reflects that!
What do you receive when you have a full appraisal done at Castle Couture Fine Jewelry?
- A written full appraisal contains a detailed description of your piece of jewelry. This includes weights and measurements, quality grades for all diamonds and gemstones, metal type, design, construction, and condition.
- Diamond engagement rings are evaluated by their cut, color, clarity, and carat weight (the "4 Cs").
- A stated value for the jewelry. This reflects the typical selling price (replacement value) for the item in appropriate markets.
- A complete checkup of the item.
- All done while you wait; there is no need to leave your jewelry.